Newness for a New Year

Monday, December 10, 2007

Snow Storm and Salt Lake City


Friday night, Amelia and I attended Savior of the World, at the Conference Center. A friend called and said he had some extra tickets, so Amelia took him up on them. Well, I must say I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did. I knew it must be great since it is almost always sold out, but I was deeply impressed by it.

If you have the opportunity to go, then go. It is sold out this year, but plan on going next year. The acting was great, but more importantly, the way they presented the message was so powerful. It was a wonderful opening to the Christmas season for me. The snow also helped; it was enchanting. I don't think I will ever forget how stunning the temple spires where as the snow fell. The flakes were huge and there was just enough softness to them to be welcoming. Amelia and I had a great time running and sliding all the way to the car.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Dan and I saw this a couple of years ago. It was wonderful. One of the guys he knew from law school was a lead(he hadn't made it into the music program at BYU so he went to law school).Anyway, it was fantastic.

Dan said...

My favorite song was when Thomas doubts that Christ has returned. It was incredible.