Newness for a New Year

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The World Without Us


I am starting to gather books for my Christmas break reading. I hope to share my reviews when I read them, but if you are looking for some books, consider The World Without Us by journalist Alan Weisman. I have been wanting to read it for a while, but will finally do so over the break. It poses an interesting scenario: if humans stopped existing today, what would happen to the planet? What would nature do? Intriguing concept, I think.

I listened to an Radio West discussion with Alan Weisman tonight. It was very interesting and piqued my interest even more. Check it out.

Also, on the book's website there are some multimedia features that show what the world would look like without us. I think this is an interesting concept. I will let you know what I think.

No comments: