Newness for a New Year

Thursday, February 21, 2008

A new drug and a generic face


I finally caught some of the nasty that has been going around. I thought, "I made it though this season without getting sick." Then I started to cough a few nights ago. Well, I have the cough, congestion, hot/cold spells, you want to just lie in bed nastiness that seems to be going around. Well, I usually don't have a problem sleeping (even when I am sick), but I could not sleep the other night. I was tossing, turning, and puking. I know--wonderful. After such a night, I wanted to try something to help me sleep. I have a friend who swears by Tylenol PM, but I have never needed it before two night ago. I tried it last night, and I have to say I love it. I slept all night and woke somewhat refreshed. Thank you to the people at Tylenol for creating such a fabulous drug.


As for the generic face part of my title, I have to explain that over the past few months I have had a lot of people come up to me and say something like, "You remind me of someone." or "Do you have a sister who goes to BYU?" or "You look just like my friend." It seems like this has happened more frequently over the past little bit. I am not sure why, but I am beginning to believe that I have a generic face. I never thought I had a generic face, but I guess I do. I was really surprised when a friend of mine told me that he works with a woman who looks just like me--only she is black. Yes, that is right, she is black. I told him he needs to send me a picture of her because I would love to see how I look as a black woman.

1 comment:

Spencer G said...

My nephew looks like a white Martin Lawrence. Just like a mini, white Martin Lawrence. Does that make his face generic, though?