Newness for a New Year

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Good News

Have I blogged about how much I adore the new commuter rail? Well, I do. I have taken it into Salt Lake a number of times, and I love it. I heard that my student UTA pass works for it, but I wasn't sure, so I called today. And yes, it does. That makes it an even sweeter ride!

I have had a few people tell me, "Well, it just isn't as convenient to take public transport, and it takes longer." My response, "You are correct, but that isn't why people take public transport." I love it because I don't have to drive. I can read or just relax. I don't have to buy gas. I get to people watch like crazy. And, I get to be with out people, which builds a bit more social capital.

Anyway. If you haven't had a chance to check out commuter rail--do.

No comments: