Newness for a New Year

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dead Poet's Society


I love that there are some movies that always inspire me when I watch them. Even before I became an English teacher, I loved Dead Poet's Society. Now, it means even more to me. I show a clip in my literature class when I introduce the Poetry unit: the one when Mr. Keating has the students rip out the introduction. I am surprised that more and more of students haven't seen the entire movie.

The first time I ever watched it, I sobbed at the end. It was so beautifully tragic. I have to admit that I still sob when I watch the ending--I can't help it.

If you haven't seen it in a while, take some time to watch it. You won't regret it.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

this is one of my absolute favorites...love it.

Dan said...

This is the first movie that I remember crying at. And I did, tears running down my face at the end.

Beautiful story. Fabulous