Newness for a New Year

Friday, May 28, 2010

I am not my body

I found this video today, and somehow I needed it more than I could have known. In my own small, small way, I know what it means to feel that my soul is so much more than the body that encases it. But, I think we sometimes forget how much beauty there is inside us and who we really are. There is so much life to live if we will allow ourselves to experience pain and suffering. I always think of the movie Shadowlands, when Joy says to C.S. Lewis: The pain then is part of the happiness now.

I marvel at the beauty in my life: faith, family, nature, friends, words, art, music and so on. And maybe the most amazing part of beauty is that it is always there ... if we will open our eyes to it.


5 comments:

Warrior Princesa said...

breanne.
did you know she has a blog? nieniedialogues.blogspot.com
amazing huh?
love you!

Daisy Chick said...

I love you and I love that sometimes we almost share a brain as we think so much alike. I love this message both yours and the video.

brit said...

I read nieniedialogues every day. I am kind of obsessed. Her life before the crash was not interesting to me at all but her struggle to regain her life is captivating and inspiring.

Tammy Scoville said...

Thank you. I really needed this today. Made me think of so many things. One thought: the worst pain, the worst trial is due to our own sin. When we are not separating ourselves from God, we can get through anything. Anyway, thanks again.

Cheaper Than Therapy - Writing said...

I needed to watch that video tonight...
Thanks for sharing.